The world famous island of Santorini is a unique piece of land in the heart of the Aegean Sea. The mesmerizing beauty of the caldera, the volcanoes, the dreamy sunsets and the delicious tastes are just a few things that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Combine an authentic stay in Ananda Residences in the village of Messaria and explore all things that make Santorini Island so popular yet so one of a kind worldwide. The details for the village of Messaria, the island of Santorini and the experiences that you can’t miss on the island are following!
The Village of Messaria
Situated in the middle of the island, the village of Messaria is probably the most convenient spot from where to start exploring the island of Santorini. Close to the capital, the sites and the main organized beaches, in Messaria you will find everything after just a few minutes’ drive. The village of Messaria was the beating heart of wine making and commerce of the island and it lived in prosperity during the 18th century. You can observe that at the imposing mansions of the village. As a matter of fact the only mansion on the island open to the public, Argyros Mansion, is located in the village. Today Messaria is one of the biggest villages in Santorini with plenty cafes, bakeries and super markets as well as some food proposals where you will make the most out of the time spent on the village!
The Island of Santorini
The scenery of Santorini, the unique caldera, is the result of the volcanic eruption of 1.600 BC that gave the island its unusual shape. The houses built in the cliffs of the caldera and the views to the sea, the volcano and the islands offer an awe-inspiring experience. Today Santorini enjoys the fame for its beauty throughout the world and here you will discover the history, the routes of nature and some of the most vibrant beaches across the Mediterranean.
The Must Live Experiences
The island of Santorini offers such a range of experiences that you have to enjoy and discover. Take a first glimpse to the must live experiences of Santorini and for more details just ask the manager of Ananda Residences for exclusive insider’s tips.
- Discover the history of Santorini at the archaeological city of Akrotiri, the site of ancient Thera, the museum of Prehistoric Thera and the numerous private institutions and museums that you will find across the island.
- Organize a cruise around the caldera to discover the volcanic magnificence of Santorini, the volcanoes, the beaches and the coastal beauty of the island.
- Visit a winery to taste the world famous wines of Santorini, the Vinsanto and the strong white wines made with Assyrtico, Aidani and Athiri.
- Do not miss the organized beaches of Kamari, Perivolos, Perissa and Vlychada to swim in crystal clear deep blue waters and sunbathe on the black sands.
- Visit the capital of the island Fira, the villages of Firostefani, Imerovigli and Oia with the stunning caldera views, or the villages of Pyrgos with the medieval aura, Emporio for the best preserved castle on the island and the tranquil rural Megalochori.
- Take the hiking route that begins from Fira and finishes in Oia. This is the most spectacular way to discover the caldera and the nature of Santorini.
There are more experiences that Santorini has to offer. All you have to do is ask the Ananda Residence’s manager for guidance, instructions, arrangements, reservations or anything else you might need, and let him take care of all the details!